The Magis Performing Arts Centre (MPAC)
The Magis Performing Arts Centre (MPAC) was officially opened in February 2017.
The MPAC features a modern, state of the art theatre ~ Inigo Theatre ~ which is available for hire on weekdays and weekends. With an audience capacity of 500, the theatre is fully equipped with sound and lighting systems as well as an orchestra pit.
The Theatre is suitable for:
- Dance concerts/presentations
- Singing and music performances
- Drama performances
- Calisthenics competitions/performances
- School performances, speech nights and presentations
Other features include:
- Onsite parking
- Professional staff to co-ordinate events
- Competitive rates
- Green Room
Additional information (including costs) can be found in the General Information for Hirers document. Further enquires can be made by contacting Monica Agius on (03) 9433 0767.
Loyola College is situated on 27 acres at 325 Grimshaw Street, Watsonia, Victoria surrounded by pleasant gardens. The College provides two accommodation premises, Arrupe House and Manresa Cottage, both offering:
- Onsite private accommodation
- In close proximity to shopping centres and public transport
- Only 20km from the City Centre
- 10 minute walk to Watsonia Station (35mins. by train to the City)
- Public bus service at the front of the College
- Onsite parking
- Fully furnished rooms with linen provided (BYO towels)
- Tea/Coffee facilities
- Continental Breakfast provisions available on request at an additional charge of $10 per person.
- For onsite conferences, lunch may be organised at an additional charge
- Rooms may be accessed after 2pm on day of arrival unless otherwise negotiated
- Rooms must be vacated by 10am on the morning of departure unless otherwise negotiated
Accommodation is available in a shared living environment, which is suitable for small group planning days, conference accommodation, short stays in Melbourne and holiday accommodation. Facilities include:
- 7 private bedrooms, accommodating 11 people
- 3 bathrooms (4 showers)
- Lounge area with TV and internet access
- Free Wi-Fi
- Large dining area
- Modern kitchen facilities
- Laundry facilities
- External decking and garden area
- $40 per person per night; $200 per person per week (7 nights)
- Twin share:
– $40 per person per single night up to and including 6 nights
– $300 for two people for one week (7 nights -13 nights pro rata)
– $260 (per week) for two people for two or more weeks (14 or more nights pro rata)
For hiring of the whole house a rental price will be negotiated upon application.
Saint Ignatius Chapel
A special feature of Loyola is the St. Ignatius Chapel in the former Jesuit Novitiate building, as well as the Chapel of the Irish Martyrs, a small renovated country Church that is ideally located in Loyola’s bush setting. Mass is celebrated regularly throughout the year.
The chapels are surrounded by manicured gardens and a fountain, making an ideal setting for wedding photos.
Download the Loyola College Chapel Hire Procedure.
Hall / Sporting Facilities
Loyola College’s modern hall is available to the local community on weekends, suitable for:
- Fundraising events (such as trivia nights)
- Drama/music concerts
- Information nights/speeches
- Private events (such as special celebrations)
A functional stage (with lights) and projector screen is available.
A separate Theatrette is also available, suitable for presentations, training and speeches.
The costs of hire are detailed in the relevant Booking Application forms.
Situated in the Old Loyola Building a very quaint space is available to hire for various occasions including:
- Small Fundraising Events
- Special Celebrations
For further details, please contact the College Community Liaison, who may be contacted on (03) 9433 0228.
For tentative bookings please click here to complete the Hiring Application Form and submit to the College Community Liaison.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19 restrictions only tentative bookings will be taken. Bookings will be confirmed once restrictions are lifted and the application is approved and processed.